We're dedicated to our student's success.
Our specialized curriculum is developed by our team of Medical Doctor, healthcare professionals, and educational experts. Our students are among those with the highest certification success rates in North Texas.
2020 Phlebotomy Technician Program Sign Up
Call Now - (817) 681-4682
Phlebotomy Technician Certification (CPT)
Now that the baby boomer generation has flooded the medical system, phlebotomists are in great demand. The career outlook is bright for phlebotomy in DFW, and it's also a great start for those interested in pursuing further interests in the medical field like nursing.
Hospitals, laboratories and other employers have an increasing need for trained phlebotomists. Most will seek, and many require, a professional certification. With a CPT certification, you'll have the credentials you need to set yourself apart from other applicants as you embark on a rewarding healthcare career. As more employers require phlebotomy certifications, a CPT will help improve your marketability in a growing and rewarding field.
As a Phlebotomy Technician, you may perform some or all of the following tasks:
- Draw blood from patients and blood donors
- Evaluate patients' ability to withstand procedure
- Explain blood-drawing procedure to patients and answer questions
- Perform basic point of care testing, such as blood glucose levels
- Prepare blood, urine and other specimens for testing
- Verify patient/donor identity
- Maintain medical equipment such as needles, test tubes and blood vials
Why Blessed Hands School of Phlebotomy?
Blessed Hands School of Phlebotomy is dedicated to student success. Our specialized curriculum is developed by our team of healthcare professionals, a Medical Doctor, and educational experts. Our students are among those with the highest certification success rates in the entire country.
Course Times To Fit Your Schedule
With our Phlebotomy training, you can become a professional Phlebotomist fast.
Phlebotomy Training Specialists offers Daytime, Evening and Weekend classes to fit any schedule. All of our classes are designed to get you trained with the skills and knowledge needed to enter into the workforce as quickly as possible.
Find Complete 2020 Class Schedule here
Arlington (Green Oak) Phlebotomy Class
The following is the break-down for tuition and fees for the Phlebotomy program.
- Registration Fee: $50
- Tuition: $500
- Laboratory Fee: $100
- Textbook Fee: $50
- Externship Fee: $100
Registration fee is due to hold your seat in the program and is nonrefundable after 3 business days
Arlington (Green Oak) Phlebotomy Class Schedule
9am to 1pm – Monday & Wednesday for 5 weeks – 10 classes total
6pm to 10pm – Monday & Wednesday for 5 weeks - 10 classes total
9am to 12pm – Saturdays for 5 weeks - 5 classes total
Arlington (Green Oak) Location
5620 SW Green Oaks Blvd
Arlington, TX 76017
*Located just one mile south of the Southwest Plaza Shopping Center
Phlebotomy Careers in Dallas / Fort Worth
Phlebotomy in DFW is rapidly becoming a popular career choice. Phlebotomy is a great skill to learn and the career outlook is great. Students both young and mature are seeking out classes to get head started. Here are some stats about Texas supporting why becoming a phlebotomist in is a good path:
- Texas ranks #7 nationwide for the highest percentage of adults with either an Associate's degree or some college experience, so getting more training and education will give you an edge with employers.
- Texas also boasts a fairly low unemployment rate of 3.6% as of September 2018, compared with the national unemployment rate that same month of 3.2%. Getting some job training like phlebotomy is essential to obtaining gainful employment.
- In the North Texas area, about 2.1% of total employment belongs to Healthcare Support roles like phlebotomists, according to the Bureau of Labor as of May 2017.
- Between Indeed.com, getphlebotomyjobs.com, and ihiremedtechs.com, there are currently 1,322 phlebotomy jobs that need to be filled in the state of Texas.
- The mean average salary for Phlebotomists in the North Texas area as of May 2018 was $17.44/hr, compared to a national average of $16.69/hr. However, salary depends on the company hiring, with some places paying $15.25/hr, while there are other companies paying upwards of $25.61/hr. in the Dallas, Texas area.
2020 Classes Available for Registration!
Prospective and returning students will now be able to find the full 2020 class schedule in the programs section of the website. We are pleased to offer even more class sessions this year and look forward to assisting our students in succeeding in their new careers!